Michael S. Mikowski
Shameless self-promotion page
- Web application architect, author, and speaker in Silicon Valley.
- Architect on multiple products with over 100m end-user per day
- Designer and contributer to many appealing, long-lived, and profitable products.
- Author and maintainer of numerous open source libraries.
- Designer and primary contributor on web-based management software used over 10 years.
- Awarded Industrial Designer with extensive to-market experience with high volume automotive and consumer products (kinematics, NLFEA, CFD, class-A surface, RPT, materials & tooling).
- Handy with graphic design, sound design, and music composition.
Minimize like BauhausForm follows function.
Fail fastFast and cheap design iterations result in faster delivery of better products.
Design front-firstThe the product is the UX.
CollaborateUse shared standards, pair programming, and code reviews.
Do real engineeringUse proven practices such as TDD, DFMEAs, and change-control.
Reject bad codeRun linting and regression tests run as a commit hook.
Published by Manning in September 2013. A second edition is being developed for 1H 2018. Also available on Amazon where it has been a frequent best-seller across multiple categories. Named one of the best books of 2014 by Dr. Dobb's journal. Listings and other reference material are available online.
A full-life-cycle SPA starter project that can be installed with four commands. Supported stages include install, setup, test, coverage, build, and soon deployment. It features a consistent code style, best-in-class libraries, comprehensive tests and coverage reports, an installed commit-hook, typecasting, advanced compression, and other best practice. Accelerate web application development without getting locked into the restrictions of an SPA framework.
A typing game created with my 8 year old son to teach him VIM, development principles, and, of course, typing. All the best practices employed at Qualaroo are used here. Pick a level and start typing! We expect to add multi-user battles in by 1Q 2018.
The survey client is currently viewed over 100 million times per day on phones, tablets, and desktop computers. Initially we created a new mobile-only product but then proceded to migrate all customers to a single unified client within 18 months. This process eliminated technical debt and provided an enterprise-class product.
- Unified mobile and desktop client
- Model events and handlers
- JS-powered application styling
- JSLint and other pre-commit code checks
- Regression test coverage over 95%
- SuperPack compression
- One-touch build system
- Cross-browser testing
- Streamlined and fully documented API
- Graduated deployment
The SnapLogic Builder was challenging and satisfying to design and implement. It required coordinating the architects and authoring the vision and use-case documents for the next-gen product.
Linux user guide
Kubuntu Preferred Apps is a constantly evolving guide for Linux desktop users and server administrators.
Produced the Kanaga Komics movie short back in 2004, but it has aged pretty well. Created all animation, music, and sound effects. Bobby Timmony is the very talented artist that inked the illustrations.
- hi_score Full-life-cycle SPA starter
- TypeBomb A typing game
- event.ue Unified desktop and touch events
- event.gevent Normalize event type across apps
- uriAnchor State management in the URI
- event.dragscroll Inertia scrolling
- tscroll Custom scrollbars
- TaffyDB SQL-like in-memory data manager
Stay in touch
mike .dot. mikowski .at. gmail .dot. com